Wednesday 30 June 2010

My allergies!

I’m a touch concerned that I seem to have developed hay fever. It turns out that it’s not because of too many Fonzie impressions (that’s ‘heeeeeyyyyfever’ and has very different symptoms) but you can develop this randomly at any point in your life! What?? So a childhood free of the ravages of pollen means nothing in terms of lifetime immunity?? I’ve been walking around with a ticking timebomb of summer sensitivity? Unaware that at anytime the forces of nature would suddenly turn on me and the merest hint of pollen would cause my eyes and nose to stream their associated fluids? (So far it’s just those two thankfully, any streaming from other orifices would be most uncomfortable!) How has humanity evolved this way? What grand design would feature this?

Well, that’s my overly dramatic reaction done with. It’s a touch annoying though, I don’t want to be all sniffly and snotty, it’s the summertime! But in a way, I’m a little bit happy! Now I can put on my nerdiest tone and complain about my allergies! It’s as good as getting nosebleeds! Which I haven’t done in a while, though with the increased nasal workload that this hayfever has been causing, who knows? Maybe soon...

And why Hay fever? Why not Pollenitis? Or SunshineSniffles? That’d be a good name.

It may seem odd that I have found a brightside to hay fever as it makes me nerdier. I guess I’m just a glass half full type. Oh, I did see, when in Meadowhall the other day, awesome nerd glasses! They were big thick frames and the size and shape of the ones Christopher Reeve wears as Clark Kent. And they weren’t corrective, which is great as I don’t need glasses (another regret, I’d look much nerdier in specs!)

Then I realised something. These glasses were being sold as a fashion accessory. What kind of a nerd would I be if I went around being fashionable? What kind of a nerd would buy eyewear that wasn’t to correct a vision problem? Vanity is not my way!

Also, my lovely fiancé wouldn’t let me get them. Her reasoning was again, that wearing glasses without needing my eyesight corrected was not really me. She is probably correct, I am lucky to have her.

I hit the gym again last night, despite my nose-based issues, thankfully it didn’t hold me back and as usual, the only thing dripping off me was copious amounts of sweat. It’s funny at my gym, they have a separate smaller room with some machines in, which is the ‘Women’s Gym’, for women who want to do their work out away from men. I’m not sure why this is, I suppose they’ve had questionable clientele in the past or something. So this supposed private room is blocked from men’s sight by some blinds on the window. That were open. I happened to be on a treadmill that was facing this window and realised I could see clearly into the Women’s Gym and could see women in there on their treadmills. Facing me. So they could see me, staring into their private Women’s Only gym and breathing heavily and sweating! Man, I was only looking at the blinds inefficiency!

Tonight I must find a treadmill that faces a different way, or I’m going to be labelled as some sort of pervert...

No comments:

Post a Comment