Thursday 8 July 2010

Sunday!

Sunday, ah Sunday, living up to it’s name with some sunshine. Though it could also have been called, wind-day’ as there was some breezy behaviour. In fact, one of my tomato plants suffered at the hands of the fast moving air currents that plagues us this day and some of the stalk has snapped. Hopefully it’ll be ok, it didn’t snap all the way through and I’ve tied it up to support it. Some tiny green tomatoes have formed upon the plant now, so it’d be a terrible shame if it got trashed.

Wait, what? Have I just chattered about tomatoes? This isn’t a gardening blog, it’s a nerd blog! So what have I done that’s more nerdy??

Well, we had our photographer’s free pre-wedding shoot in the morning. My Lovely Fiance also timed her makeup trial at the venue for this morning so we went there and I waited with a coffee while she had her trial before the shoot.

Firstly, £2.30 for coffee! It’s an outrage! I got two small cups out of that! However, the wi-fi is good there, and also actually free, so I was able to sit at the windy terrace bar with an overpriced coffee and my EEE. The wind kept blowing the door shut behind me, which was annoying to begin with, until on of the staff charged out in a panic as one of the outside tables was blowing away. Ah, slapstick!!

When we had the shoot itself, we were led all across the grounds of our wedding venue to get some shots. It’s a really nice place with lots of interesting spots. MLF is not a keen photography subject, but apparently I am brilliant! The photographer kept insisting I was a good subject and I infer from that I should probably consider modelling. This sounds good to me, I imagine lots of people would enjoy looking at my face in magazines and on billboards. They’d probably like to look at more than just my face, but I’m not up for doing gratuitous nudity. I’d need a good reason. Like large amounts of money.

Actually I should follow that up, get the modelling started.

Or maybe concentrate on losing a bit more weight first.

Hm, that’s still not very nerdy is it? Ooh, I helped MLF update her iPhone! To OS4 or whatever they call it. It took some time, we had to install a new itunes first. (Hey Apple, if itunes is so good, why do you keep doing new ones?? Maybe you should get it right the first time! Like I did in my photoshoot!) Anyway, after a lengthy download and letting the machine restart, reload, and refresh the phone about 80 times, it was all done. The update took a backup of the phone which it then restored after. But not the emails apparently. Clearly apple feel that while you’ll want to keep your precious memories in photos and the songs you’ve bought, you won’t have any important emails in you inbox!

But the new features are pretty cool. The camera is now zoomable, while the quality isn’t great when zoomed in, it’s still useful. The icons can now all be rearranged into small sections to neaten things up. And besterest of all, all the photos now have a corresponding location pin on a map so you can see where they were taken. Even on previously taken pictures, which is a little unnerving that the iphone has been tracking your movements since you got it. It’s like a little nosy old woman in your pocket!

No comments:

Post a Comment