Thursday 8 July 2010

Monday

Another week, back at work for a Monday morning. I was hit by inspiration today. I have another Star Trek group next week and was wondering what to do for my introduction for my chosen episode. Having gone into video intro’s I want to keep doing something along those lines. And today it hit me, Big Brother! Brilliant! I shall take a selection of my sci-fi toys and make an episode of Big Brother with them! And at some point they will discuss trivia from the episode I have chosen! Genius! MLF is onboard with this, she will do some voices for me. It’s an excellent idea!

My stag do is at the end of this week, and so my brother, who is also serving in Best Man capacity was due to send a text out to everyone finalising the times. I was hit by a moment of hilarity as I came up with a classic prank!

I didn’t know what time he’d be texting, so I had to move fast. I managed to contact 3 of my attendees before the text came around. I asked them to respond to my brother’s text asking which Doctor Who costumes other people were making, the implication being that I’d got them all to agree to come dressed as a different doctor! I have not mentioned the important part of this, which is that my brother is not a nerd! Not at all! So the idea of spending the day in the company of 7 gorwn men dressed as various Doctors is not one that would appeal to him!

I had later confirmation that at least 2 of my 3 co-prankers had had a response, and then I got the text from my brother! He is not happy! He called me a sneaky russian and warned he would make things worse later in the stag do! I sent him one back saying ‘Wait till you see your costume K9!’

I will tell him soon it is a classic prank. I may even say ‘bazinga’.

I had a conversation with MLF regarding strippers later on. She raised a point that I hadn’t considered and is now going to cause me considerable concern. Lap dances. See, my brother/bestman has promised me a strip club visit. This is mean. I am a nerd, I’m terrible at talking to women as it is, and the idea of a strange naked lady dancing around me is horrifying! It’s massively embarassing. But I’m ok with it for the traditional stag do type thing etc. But lap dances... well those are a bit different. I will have to speak to him about making sure there isn’t a lap dance on the cards, as for me that crosses a line. The no touching rule in strip clubs, I think should work both ways, at least for me. Maybe I’m being an old fuddy duddy, but I just don’t think it’s appropriate. I kind of hope I am being a fuddy duddy, because that is an awesome phrase and I feel like I was kind of serious there so I need to say some funny words or something!

No comments:

Post a Comment