Wednesday 12 August 2009

Kermit the Incredible Hulk


So yesterday, I was twittering, as usual. I'm not sure what I was on about now, but for some reason I mentioned Kermit the Frog. I got a reply commenting it wasn't easy being green, I pointed out that The Incredible Hulk knows that pain!

Then something stirred in my brain. Possibly a memory.

I say possibly, as I'm not convinced it isn't a total fabrication in my mind that I've persuaded myself is a memory.

I have this vague picture of an episode of The Muppet Show, where Kermit flipped out and turned into a Hulk-like version of himself. So I decided to begin a quest, to travel the Internet and seek out proof of this memory. I, like Frodo had to destroy the One Ring, must make a perilous journey to see if my mind is playing tricks on me. Obviously, if I were to leave this unchallenged, my mind would think it could get away with crazy japery like this and be forever faking up memories to make me say and do stupid things. 'I clearly remember seeing a sign saying clothes were banned in this concert!', 'it's not stalking your honour, I remember marrying Katy Perry', etc etc. So, to keep my wacky subconcious in it's place, I must seek out the truth of this Kermit/Hulk memory!

So far, no conclusive proof. My first foray's in the Kingdom of Google revealed a video clip that I had high hopes for. http://bit.ly/MEhjl
However, angry as he became, Kermit remained resolutely trapped in the form of a small, unmonsterous frog.

But, like Gandalf falling at Moria, this initial setback does not mean the end of my quest! I ventured further through Google and into the lands of the Wikipedia. There I happened upon the Muppet Show Wiki and was rewarded! The Hulk has at least encountered the Muppets, certainly in their younger days!
http://bit.ly/A0elc
However, it appeared there was no recorded encounter between the Hulk and Kermit the Frog. Was this a good thing? If Kermit had indeed transformed into the Hulk as I remembered, then naturally they would never have been seen to meet! As when the Fellowship rested in Lothlorien. The discovery of a real connection between Muppets and the Hulk, renewed me as the gift of lembas bread would do Frodo.

I tarried in this land of the wiki's, hoping to discover further clues of the Kermit-Hulk. I then heard the rumours of the 'Ker-Monster'.

The Ker-Monster???
http://tinyurl.com/loloob

So very Hulk-like, but clearly not the subject of my questioned memory! I pressed further with my investigations.

That's when I made a discovery that changed EVERYTHING!!!
There had been a Kermit Hyde!
http://tinyurl.com/q9dbek
Now this was something! Could this be the monster form of Kermit I remembered? Had time blurred my memories and confused them with images of The Hulk?? I pressed further to find details of the origin of this foul beast!
http://tinyurl.com/ltzjnf

So, Professor Bunsen Honeydew had been behind this? I should have known. I realised my chances of finding Honeydew, or his noble assistant Beaker, were slim. Maybe this 'Alan Arkin' who'd been present at these events could shed some light on the matter? I resolved to track him down!

It turns out the internet is reluctant to give out contact details for this man! Why? I'm not a crazy person! I just want to ask him about Kermit the Frog turning into a monster! Perfectly normal.

However, it seems that it's just as well I can't readily track down Alan Arkin. He was also affected by the same potion, and I fear he wouldn't take kindly to my enquiries!
http://tinyurl.com/m535al


My search will continue...

1 comment:

  1. Cool! Though I'm still intrigued to learn about the german double act 'Wasker mitt Hehulk'.

    ReplyDelete